#CroydonWalkies competition (in partnership with RSPCA Croydon)
This month, we spoke to RSPCA Croydon about the impact lockdown is having on the Borough’s pets.
RSPCA Croydon is a branch of the RSPCA but registered as a separate charity. They help local animals in need and are responsible for funding all our activities themselves. Their biggest focus is on rehabilitating and rehoming animals who have nowhere else to go. Read more about their work in our interview with them HERE.
To help raise further awareness of their work, we are running a competition in which dogs (and their owners!) can win a Sunday Roast at Mr Fox.
Mr Fox, is an award winning cocktail pub on Surrey Street that is well known for its great Saturday Brunch, its delicious Sunday Roast and it’s Shuffleboards. The venue also prides itself on its dog friendly credentials, with the owners pooch (Poncho) making a regular appearance on their Instagram feed.
Lockdown has resulted in us all taking A LOT more walks, and many Croydon dog owners have extended their usual walking routes and taken their pooches off course to explore far more of the Borough’s green spaces together. We want to see where all these lucky pups have been!
So to enter the #CroydonWalkies competition and win a Sunday Roast for two human and one dog:
1) Follow @RSPCACroydon on Instagram
2) Post a photo on your Instagram GRID* of your dog/you and your dog exploring Croydon on foot
3) Include the hashtag #CroydonWalkies *Please note, entries via Stories will not be accepted.
The winner will be selected (by a panel of 3 people from RSPCA Croydon and East Croydon Cool) and announced on Monday 22nd March.
Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and conditions – East Croydon Cool and RSPCA Croydon Instagram competition. To participate in this competition, users must share their dog walking image on Instagram using the hashtag #CroydonWalkies. This competition will run until 11:59pm on Sunday 21st March. Entries made by direct reply to this T&C page will not be accepted.
2. There will be 1 winner who will be selected by a panel of 3 people from RSPCA Croydon and East Croydon Cool, after the competition deadline of 11.59pm on Sunday 21st March, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
3. The contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
4. The prize consists of a meal for two people (and 1 dog) at NAME that can be redeemed when the restaurant re-opens to the public.
5. If you are the lucky winner, you will be contacted by East Croydon Cool via Instagram and need to provide your email address and contact phone number. Further details will then be provided by RESTAURANT as to how you claim your prize.
6. Multiple entries are allowed.
7. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
8. The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to East Croydon Cool/RSPCA Croydon and not to Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
10. Entrants photos may be used to promote the competition on both the East Croydon Cool and RSPCA Croydon feeds (with attribution back to the owner)